Returning Your Spring Rental Textbooks
Students are welcome to continue using their rented textbooks for the Spring 2020 semester. The rental return deadline has been extended to May 22, 2020.
Ship Your Books
Due to campus building closures and maintaining social distance, we encourage students to return rental books by mail:
- Packages must arrive at the bookstore by the due date.
- You must include your full name and student ID number on a note inside the package so the book(s) can be properly returned on your account. (DO NOT send your student ID card)
- You can request a pre-paid shipping label by emailing [email protected] Click here to request a label.
- Book(s) must be in good, used condition or better to be returned - no water damage, no pages missing, binding intact, etc.
- All rentals that are not returned by Friday, May 22, will be converted to a purchase by applying the difference of rental price paid to the purchase price of the book. These charges will be posted to the student's WU-View account.
- If you are a student who has left the country, please contact us.
On Campus Returns
Students that prefer to return rentals on-campus may meet Ichabod Shop staff at the Circle Drive by the Bell Tower from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm or 3:30 pm - 5 pm May 13 - 15 and May 20 - 22.
Textbook Buyback Update
We will not be able to offer textbook buyback for purchased books at this time.
We have partnered with a wholesale vendor to provide an online buyback option with a pre-paid shipping label provided. Please note, this vendor CANNOT accept rental textbook returns.
Textbook Rental AgreementThe Textbook Rental Program provides students currently enrolled at Washburn University the opportunity to rent selected textbooks for the current semester.
In consideration of the opportunity, I hereby agree to accept and abide by the following terms and conditions.
1. I understand that the book rented by me is the property of Ichabod Shop and in accepting the terms of the Textbook Rental Program,
I accept the responsibility to appropriately use the books and return it to Ichabod Shop in a re-sellable condition.
The book must not be damaged, missing content, stained, water damaged or in an unusable condition. The use of yellow highlighter is acceptable.
I understand and agree that Ichabod Shop will have the sole discretion to evaluate and determine the condition of the book upon its return.
2. I understand that at the end of the semester in which the book is rented, it is my responsibility to return the book rented under the program
or I will be charged the replacement price of the book. Payment will be due to the Washburn University Business Office.
3. The rental book(s) must be returned to the Ichabod Shop no later than the Friday of finals week.
4. I understand if the book is not returned by its due date, the charge will be placed on my Washburn University Student Account
and my academic status will be subject to being placed on "University Hold" which will not allow me to enroll or receive transcripts.
5. I understand that my rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned within the posted textbook returns period as described under the Return Policy.
6. I may cancel this rental agreement within three (3) days of this agreement by returning the book(s) to the Ichabod Shop in resalable/rentable condition and obtain a refund.
7. I may apply the rental payment towards the purchase of the book(s) only until the last day of the refund period as described in the Return Policy.