Ichabod Shop Pre-Order Promo
Want to know more about Pre-Orders and cost-saving programs?
Sign up for our Events That Matter email newsletter here
Important notice about Spring 2020 rentals:
We are currently determining a plan for rental returns in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines due to Covid-19.
Rental books cost you less than new or used books.
Ichabod Shop can rent some titles directly to students.
Your savings are approximately 50-60% off a new book price.
Here's how it works:
If you choose to rent your textbook, you will be asked to present your Washburn Student I.D. and to read and sign the Terms of Agreement.
Your rental textbook will be rung up at the listed rental price.
Your payment options remain the same as usual.
At the end of the semester, you return the rental book to the Ichabod Shop by the designated date.
If, for any reason, you do not return a rental book, your Washburn account in the Business Office will be charged the replacement cost of a new book.
What makes a book NOT Returnable?
Any damage to the book (water, mis-use, loose pages), excessive writing, marking or highlighting in the book renders it not rentable.
Return it in a condition that YOU would want to rent or buy.
Rules and important fine print:
- Textbooks rented to students are the property of the Ichabod Shop and must be returned at the end of each semester by the due date on your contract.
- Textbooks not returned by due date will result in the student account being charged the full current retail price to replace the book.
- Each student is responsible for any/all books rented in their name.
- A current, valid Washburn I.D. is required to rent textbooks.
- Each student is allowed to rent only one copy of each required textbook for each of their classes.
- Books should be returned to the Ichabod Shop immediately if a course is dropped, canceled, if you test out, or if your schedule is changed in any way.
- If an “Incomplete” is recorded for a course, the student has the option to hold onto the book to complete course requirements. The student must contact the Ichabod Shop before the designated book return date to receive special permission. This is the ONLY exception to the designated return date.
Contact Ichabod Shop with questions about the Rental Program.
Important notice about Spring 2020 Buyback:
We are not holding Buyback at the end of the Spring 2020 semester
You can sell your books back to us most of the year but you'll get the best deal during the official SellBack period, during the last week (finals week) of the semester.
Here's how it works:
- Books that will be used again for the upcoming term (already requested by the instructor) will be purchased from you at the best price possible.
- The earlier during the BuyBack period you sell your books, the more likely you are to get the best price. Only the anticipated quantity needed is offered this price.
- If the quantity needed for a particular book is met, or the book will not be used next term, the wholesale price will be offered, if one exists. The wholesale price based on national demand and not set by Ichabod Shop.
- Some books have no resale value and will not be purchased.
- Books replaced by a new edition cannot be purchased.
- Damaged books or books in poor condition will not be purchased. This includes any book with any missing pages, broken bindings, water damage or excessive writing.
- Faculty determine which books are used for classes. Faculty members are responsible for notifying Ichabod Shop of their book selections in a timely fashion. The Ichabod Shop relies on this information to determine your BuyBack price.
How do you figure out what a book is worth at BuyBack?
There are several factors involved and only some of them are determined by Ichabod Shop.
- Condition of your book
- Current inventory for the book
- Demand for the book in the national market
- Whether a newer edition is available
- Whether the book will be used next semester
- Your Custom bundle or package is missing a component
- Get an estimate of your book's BuyBack value.
Why am I offered different prices for the same book at different times of the year?
- At times other than official BuylBack, books are typically bought back at the national wholesale value.
- During BuylBack, the needs of our campus are known. We will pay you more for a book we know will be used next semester.
- We consider the following when setting those higher prices:
Estimated enrollment in the course
Current store inventory of the title
Previous sales history
Why does my book have no value?
Your book may have no BuyBack value if:
- It is no longer being used on our campus
- It has been replaced by a newer edition
- It is no longer in print
- It is a custom book that has been revised by the faculty author
- It has been damaged and is not in resale condition
What do I do with my books if they have no BuyBack value?
You can keep them, or donate them at Ichabod Shop to Bridge to Asia.
- Send us your books during the dates of official BuyBack to get the best deal.
- Pack your books and return them through the U.S. Postal Service using the pre-paid return address label you received with your books.
- Include your name, Washburn ID number and return address.
- We will determine the BuyBack value of your books and send you a check.
- Questions? Call 785-670-1049.
Want to know more about BuyBack and cost-saving programs?