Returning Your Fall Rental Textbooks
As the semester winds down, students will need to return textbook rentals to the Ichabod Shop.
Students have several options to return their books.
All rental books are due Friday, Dec. 11.
Option 1: On Campus Returns
Students who prefer to return rentals on-campus may return books to staff in-store.
Store hours are Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm.
Option 2: Ship Your Rental Books
Students who are finishing the semester remotely and are not on campus can return their books via UPS.
- You can request a pre-paid shipping label by emailing [email protected] Click here to request a label.
- Packages must be postmarked by Friday, Dec. 11
- You must include your full name and student ID number on a note inside the package so the book(s) can be properly returned on your account. (DO NOT send your student ID card)
- Book(s) must be in good, used condition or better to be returned - no water damage, no pages missing, binding intact, etc.
- All students with outstanding rentals at 5 pm Friday, Dec. 11, will be charged a rental replacement fee. These charges will be posted to the student's WU-View account.
Option 3: Purchase Your Rental Books
If you are interested in purchasing your rental books, please contact us at [email protected], or come in person to complete the purchase transaction. Staff will apply the rental price already paid to the purchase price of the book.
Textbook Rental AgreementThe Textbook Rental Program provides students currently enrolled at Washburn University the opportunity to rent selected textbooks for the current semester.
In consideration of the opportunity, I hereby agree to accept and abide by the following terms and conditions.
1. I understand that the book rented by me is the property of Ichabod Shop and in accepting the terms of the Textbook Rental Program,
I accept the responsibility to appropriately use the books and return it to Ichabod Shop in a re-sellable condition.
The book must not be damaged, missing content, stained, water damaged or in an unusable condition. The use of yellow highlighter is acceptable.
I understand and agree that Ichabod Shop will have the sole discretion to evaluate and determine the condition of the book upon its return.
2. I understand that at the end of the semester in which the book is rented, it is my responsibility to return the book rented under the program
or I will be charged the replacement price of the book. Payment will be due to the Washburn University Business Office.
3. The rental book(s) must be returned to the Ichabod Shop no later than the Friday of finals week.
4. I understand if the book is not returned by its due date, the charge will be placed on my Washburn University Student Account
and my academic status will be subject to being placed on "University Hold" which will not allow me to enroll or receive transcripts.
5. I understand that my rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned within the posted textbook returns period as described under the Return Policy.
6. I may cancel this rental agreement within three (3) days of this agreement by returning the book(s) to the Ichabod Shop in resalable/rentable condition and obtain a refund.
7. I may apply the rental payment towards the purchase of the book(s) only until the last day of the refund period as described in the Return Policy.