You can sell your books back to us most of the year but you’ll get the best deal during the official SellBack period, during the last two weeks of the semester.
Here’s how it works:
- Books that will be used again for the upcoming term (already requested by the instructor) will be purchased from you at up to 50 percent of the new book’s price.
- The earlier during the SellBack period you sell your books, the more likely you are to get the best price. Only the anticipated quantity needed is offered this price.
- If the quantity needed for a particular book is met, or the book will not be used next term, the wholesale price will be offered, if one exists. The wholesale price based on national demand and not set by Ichabod Shop.
- Some books have no resale value and will not be purchased.
- Books replaced by a new edition cannot be purchased.
- Damaged books or books in poor condition will not be purchased. This includes any book with any missing pages, broken bindings, water damage or excessive writing.
- Faculty, not Ichabod Shop, determine which books are used for classes. Faculty members are responsible for notifying Ichabod Shop of their book selections in a timely fashion. The Ichabod Shop relies on this information to determine your SellBack price.
How do you figure out what a book is worth at SellBack?
There are several factors involved and only some of them are determined by Ichabod Shop.
- Condition of your book
- Current inventory for the book
- Demand for the book in the national market
- Whether a newer edition is available
- Whether the book will be used next semester
- Your Custom bundle or package is missing a component
- Get an estimate of your book’s SellBack value.
Why am I offered different prices for the same book at different times of the year?
- At times other than official SellBack, books are typically bought back at the national wholesale value.
- During SellBack, the needs of our campus are known. We will pay you more for a book we know will be used next semester.
- We consider the following when setting those higher prices:
- Estimated enrollment in the course
- Current store inventory of the title
- Previous sales history
Why does my book have no value?
Your book may have no SellBack value if:
- It is no longer being used on our campus
- It has been replaced by a newer edition
- It is no longer in print
- It is a custom book that has been revised by the faculty author
- It has been damaged and is not in resale condition
What do I do with my books if they have no SellBack value?
You can keep them, or donate them at Ichabod Shop to Bridge to Asia.
SellBack is offered for online education students!
- Send us your books during the dates of official SellBack to get the best deal.
- Pack your books and return them through the U.S. Postal Service using the pre-paid return address label you received with your books.
- Include your name, Washburn ID number and return address.
- We will determine the SellBack value of your books and send you a check.
- Questions? Call 1-888-475-6360
Don’t miss a SellBack in the future. Sign up for our Events That Matter email newsletter